Tuesday 29 November 2011

The Mind of Fear

Fear can be so incredibly powerful. Have you noticed? It makes us doubt our gifts, squash our creativity, and leave our dreams unfulfilled.

Fearful thoughts are all about “no.” They tell us that we can’t, shouldn’t, aren’t capable of. They convince us we will be judged, rejected, or abandoned if we express our true heart’s desire. They make our minds spin endlessly with worry. Do any of these sound familiar?
  • I can’t disappoint him/her.
  • I might fail.
  • I doubt if I can do it.
  • I might get overwhelmed.
  • I will have to work too hard.
  • I know they will disapprove.
  • What if I am criticized.
  • I will be outside my comfort zone.
  • What if it gets difficult.
  • I don’t know how to start.
  • I’m scared, I’m scared, I’m scared.
These thoughts weave a familiar web that leaves you frustrated and unable to change. But none of them is your true voice.
Here is how fearful thoughts work. They pretend they know what the future will bring, and they assume only negative outcomes.
What is actually true about the future? You don’t know. You don’t know if you will fail or feel overwhelmed. But your fear-fueled mind persuades you that you will. And if you believe these thoughts, no wonder fear paralyzes you.
What if what actually happens is amazing beyond your wildest dreams? What if you let yourself stay with the truth – that you don’t know what the future will bring – and allow life to unfold naturally?
Why go one more second believing limited thoughts with dismal outcomes that aren’t even true?
Here is the medicine for your fear-fueled thoughts.
  • Pay attention to your mind so you can learn how it works. Become an expert in recognizing your fear-driven thoughts.
  • Take the intelligent approach. Don’t believe fear. Realize what is actually true – that you don’t know what the future will bring.
  • Feel the freedom of being released from a gloomy future that hasn’t even happened yet. Life is now full of possibility.
Can you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments!